Friday, September 4, 2015

The Lost (A Crow City Novel) by Cole McCade

I am not even sure where to begin with this review.  This was one of the hardest books I have ever read and also a book that will stick with me forever.  I typically avoid any book that will cut me to the core just to avoid any true emotion.  Most readers use books to get away and as an outlet to live in their imaginations away from the hustle of everyday life. 


 Cole McCade wrote The Lost from the perspective of Leigh.  She is a young woman that ran away from the monotony of everyday life.  She gave up her family, husband and son to live on the streets and feel as though she was really living.  She is not as broken as she feels.  She is a survivor.  .  Enter Gary & Gabriel.  Both men also “broken survivors” and both have heart wrenching stories.  They are all facing demons that no one should have to face.  I cannot explain more than that or I would be spoiling the book


This story is not heart-warming and sappy.  This is a book that is in your face, honest and real.  I had to take time to process my feelings before sitting down to write this review.  Another reader recommended I read a “fluff” book to help get over the book hangover.  I will definitely need it. 
This book comes from a dark taboo place that hits on real issues; but the book is beyond special.  My heart strings were constantly pulled, I was on my toes and I cried painful tears as well as happy tears. 

If I could give this book 6 stars I would be more than happy to do so.  The literary skill that Cole McCade has is out of this world.  He is able to describe situations in vivid detail.  Two thumbs up my friend!

Connect with Cole on Facebook: Cole McCade Author



The Lost: A Crow City Novel (Cole McCade: After Dark)

No comments:

Post a Comment