Friday, September 18, 2015

Double Whammy Review! Immortal Matchmakers, Inc & Fugly by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

I seem to be reading Mimi Jean back to back lately.  She just keeps popping stuff out and I hope she never stops!  I read Immortal Matchmakers, Inc earlier this week and finished Fugly last night.

Immortal Matchmakers, Inc

Immortal Matchmakers is about a Demigod named Andrus that is huge muscular and self obsessed douche bag.  He has been around for so long and so set in his ways when it comes to courting women.  He is given a second chance at love and Sadie is attempting to teach him how to be more lovable.  He only has a short window to train before he is set to meet his mate.

His trainer Sadie feels an undeniable pull to Andrus, but knows nothing can come about it.  This book will keep you guessing until the end and then whammo! I would have never guessed what was really going on, haha.  Nice surprise twist.  I really like this book and the fact that I actually guessed wrong on what was going to happen.

GoodReads URL: Immortal Matchmakers, Inc on GoodReads

Amazon URL: Immortal Matchmakers, Inc on Amazon




Fugly

The story behind the story in this book is one that all women and girls should read.  Life is not about being ugly or beautiful; it is about reaching for your goals and staying true to yourself.  

Lily Snow had never been known as beautiful or sexy.  She was the funny, smart, witty girl with a dirty mouth.  Maxwell Cole has grown up needing to have perfection in his life.  In walks Lily with her perfect body and fugly face.  Cole is thrown off is game.

This is a heart warming read.  There are so many women in our society that are judged on looks alone.  I love the fact that even though Lily was continually knocked down she always held her head high.  She would make a great role model in this day and age.

I was really hoping for an epilogue in this book I felt the need to know how the story continued.  I do however feel satisfied with the ending.  I had been looking to read this book for months, and I was not disappointed. 



 GoodReads URL: Fugly on GoodReads

Amazon URL: Fugly on Amazon


 

**Mimi has a comic style to her writing that keeps me interested.  Her books also have real story lines versus sex on every page (not that it is always a bad thing.)   I have been reading everything she writes as soon as I can get my grubby little hands on it.  King Trilogy made me a die hard fan. **


No comments:

Post a Comment