Monday, November 30, 2015

Blocked by Jennifer Lane

              
I was gifted a copy of Blocked in exchange for only my honest review.
 
So Jennifer Lane is a new author to me.  I was weary to read her books because volleyball could never be hot and spicy, right?  WRONG!
 
Lucia Ramirez, daughter of presidential candidate Governor Ramirez, is starting Highbanks University on a volleyball scholarship.  Dane Monroe, son of presidential candidate Senator Monroe, is already attending the same school.Things get heated between the two due to their extreme political views.  Can love persevere, or will the stress of it all win.
 
Jennifer Lane writes a real novel.  A book that shows real issues that teens face, drinking, sex, abortion, eating disorders.  The book is very well written.  I loved reading the psychobabble intertwined with the politics. 
 
My only problem with the book is that I am a spoiled brat and pouted on the very last page.  I knew I immediately had to jump into book 2.  I read through both of these books in 24 hours!
 
Blocked was a refreshing change of pace and sets the bar high for other YA romances. 
 
 
 
 
FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your great review! Sorry for that ending but I'm glad you had Aced to turn to next. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete